COME HOWL WITH US!
Looking for a great winter job that still gives you time to hit the hills?
We've got the job for you!
Dog Sled Tour Guides
Full time position runs from November through April.
Must LOVE dogs, be physically fit, able to lift heavy objects, and be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Previous work with animals or guiding preferred. Driver's license an asset. Guides are required to have (or be willing to obtain) a valid first aid/CPR certification. Preference given to Canmore residents, as a staff van runs from Canmore to the kennel daily. Staff housing is not available. This is a non-smoking position. Base of work is the kennel between Canmore and Exshaw.
- Dog care/kennel duties – feeding, watering, cleaning, general maintenance (painting, repairs), changing or adding straw to dog houses, levelling gravel in the yard, dog first aid and medications, and working with owners to train puppies as well as pre-season fall training of teams.
- Dogsled tours – run 2 or 4 hour tours, with up to 4 guests per trip (usually couples, but can have families with small kids), up to 8 hours per day. Provide excellent customer care while driving the dog teams with attention to the dogs' performance. Trail grooming (cleaning and shovelling bumps) shifts are rotated through all guiding staff. Driving trucks and/or truck towing a trailer may be required.
Reservation Agents/Sales Agents
Full time positions from October or November through April.
Must have sales and computer experience, excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills. Must be organized, and have great attention to detail. Marketing and bookkeeping experience an asset, as well as previous work in a busy office setting. Shift and weekend work required. Staff housing is not available. This a non-smoking position. Based in Canmore.
- Selling tours and taking reservations by phone, in-person, e-mail/web, and fax. Various office duties include guest check-in for tours (taking payments, filling waivers), snack preparation, trip scheduling and dispatch, marketing and sales promotions, some bookkeeping and daily reconciliations. General office cleaning, as well as customer service and cashier duties for our pet store as needed.
Full time from November or December (when there is enough snow to run tours) until tour end in April.
Must have a class 4 drivers license (Alberta or other Canadian equivalent); winter driving experience, neat appearance and excellent interpersonal skills. Weekend work required, up to 11 hour shifts. Knowledge of Banff and Canmore an asset. Driver’s abstract required. Staff housing is not available. This is a non-smoking position. Based in Canmore.
- Provide a shuttle service in a 15-passenger van from Banff and Canmore to the Spray Lakes and back, up to 4 times per day, in a timely and safe manner. Take payment from guests, fill waivers, and provide information on the area. General vehicle safety checks, as well as maintenance and cleaning.
Position available for a guide wishing to work full time with the kennel. Non-guiding months are May through October.
Must be physically fit, have a great work ethic, LOVE dogs, and be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Previous work with animals an asset. Driver's license and own transportation required. This is a non-smoking position based out of our kennel near Exshaw. Cell phone is required.
- Provide excellent care for 180+ huskies in our outdoor kennel. Feeding, watering, cleaning, general kennel maintenance, changing or adding straw to dog houses, levelling gravel in the yard, dog first aid and medications, and working with owners to train puppies as well as pre-season fall training of teams. Build/fix dog house, assist with vehicle maintenance and preparation for winter. Gear preparation from winter to summer storage, and back for winter use.
All positions based out of Canmore, Alberta. Please state which position(s) you are applying for with resume. E-mail us at email@example.com, or fax (403) 609-2266, or drop off at Unit 105, 712 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, Alberta.